Thursday, June 02, 2005

And the Rain Just Keeps On Fallin'

Another dreary day here in Atlanta and it makes it hard to be jazzed about anything. Personally, I would rather be in bed than sitting at my desk pretending to work!

I did get a blast from the past call yesterday that made me smile. I love talking to my friends and catching up on each other's lives - it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I did get my chance to nap when I got home too - that also makes me smile! Who decided that naps are passé after the age of 6, anyway? Whoever they are, they should be shot!

I did get to talk to Maggie as well - I called to talk to my brother and much to my surprise, Maggie answered the phone. I was given explicit instructions about my trip to San Fran in 10 days - "Aunt D, can you bring your stitching stuff so we can work on my butterfly, please?" Well, who can refuse her that? She has this beginner's needlepoint kit I bought her at Thanksgiving that is a butterfly in pinks and purples (her favorite colors) and each time I see her, we do a half a dozen stitches on it - at this rate, we will finish when she is 8.

Anyway, it is officially re-run season. I have found that absolutely nothing is on TV except some cooking shows and really bad Summer TV. So, I got roped in (not intentionally) to Dancing with the Stars. OMG this is bad TV - this was horrible to watch but I was surprised at the actual dancing...Who knew some of these stars (b-listers, all) could dance. But some of them should not have been wearing spandex!

Anyway, after brainless TV, I switched over to Good Eats I hadn't seen (and seriously had me considering becoming a vegetarian - 3 words - Split Pea Burgers). Then I decided I really needed to go to sleep - I was tired, but not sleepy.

So on came another bizarre sleepless night where all I did was toss and turn and check the clock. I think I need to hire Goldberg to come into my house nightly and knock me out...maybe then I could get some sleep!

Time to get some work done...but don't forget:
332 days until sabbatical!
But...
Only 8 1/2 days until I see Maggie and Will

No comments: