Monday, April 11, 2005

Painting the Town Blue...and Purple and Green

So Angie keeps getting older and keep staying younger (than her anyway), but for once she let us actually do something to celebrate - quite an about face from years past where we celebrated mine and not hers so much.

This year we stole the idea from Clare's bachelorette party and did the pottery painting thing at Wired and Fired. We had lots of food and drink and fun. This is my new favorite hobby or pasttime - whatever you want to call it. Anyway, I really enjoy the relaxation and this time actually get to gome home with the end result.

Pictures to come later, but I painted a really cool gheko to hang on my wall and I can't wait to get it back and see if it really did turn out nicely.

The trick with the pottery, is when you finish, you really have no idea of HOW they will look fired. It's a guessing game. I was pleasantly surprised the last time and I am hoping the same is true from tonight.

Lots of fun was had and it certainly did not seem like a Monday. Thank heavens for that.

My boss is off the rest of the week, so it will either be really quite or completly insane. Hopefully he will actually act like he is on vacation and not call me or bug me via email (yeah, right). Wishful thinking, right?

No comments: