Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Monkeys, Wrenches and Other Shiny Things

Hello all - my first post back in the real world and I am ready to be on vacation again. Yesterday seemed like a lifetime and today already seems long and it is only 930am.

First, I have this project I am working on, only half-heartedly. Honestly, it isn't even on my priority list from my boss...which he is VERY into me sticking to. Anyway, I call the project Be a Bad Monkey...thanks to Mike, whom I work with. I affectionately refer to anything associated as "the Monkey meeting," "the Monkey task," etc. This project is the ultimate Time-Suck of 2005. I don't even bother to go to the conference rooms for these meetings (3 per week, by the way) - I just dial in. It isn't worth my effort to go all the way to a conference room when I can sit on the phone and actually work on items on my task list.

Then, there is the other problem...a trip to India. This is causing a flux in my life that I am not enjoying. Basically, I don't know when I am going and I want to book my San Francisco trip for my new niece/nephew. So to hell with it - my boss is too flighty on this one and I need to take advantage of good plane fares. So therefore I need to book my flight and take my days off since there is a window and I refuse to let the boss dictate my baby plans. Let him just try to throw a wrench in my vacation...I just won't let him.

On another note, I just made my first charge on my new Platinum AmEx card. How shiny and new is this...it's kind of cool. This should mean I am a grown up, but now I feel like a poser - someone is going to figure out that this is a mistake. But until then, I can get into Crown Rooms and feel even more special when I am travelling...ooooooooo.

Tonight is Hitchhikers and I cannot wait...tick tock, tick tock. Is it time to go home yet? Maybe? Damn...wishful thinking, I guess. Back to work!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Just a quick note to say that I've (finally) posted your interview questions!

Sorry for the delay...