Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Long Journey Home

Alas, I am home once again, but not without happy memories and a desire for the Christmas spirit to bite me in the ass!

Unfortunately, I did not have the best in-air experience. Who said people can take cats and dogs on planes. Now look, they banished bags of peanuts for people with peanut allergies, but more people in the world are allergic to dander (and highly allergic to cats) and therefore the cats and dogs should be banished!

Now look, I love animals - I do! However, I just cannot be around them in closed spaces (and just ask my old boss Clare about me in parks with them). I know some of you have pets you need to transport cross-country, but there are other ways.

Luckily, I had a savior names Reiko - the flight attendant who went to bat - and almost to blows - for allergic folks everywhere. I never complained - my eyes swelled up and I had trouble breathing and just tried to sleep through it all, but this woman (the row in front of me) kept taking her dog out of the carrier and petting her vigorously thus releasing tons of dander into the plane - NICE! The woman next to me also had a problem, but she couldn't see the dog, so she had no idea why.

Finally, the passenger put the dog away and kept it away the rest of the flight, but the damage was done. All I could do was thank the flight attendant for her help and hope I made it to Atlanta still breathing!

So I am home and work is gonna be nuts for a couple of weeks, but then the kiddies will be in town for an entire week! How many days left until Christmas??

No comments: