Saturday, November 05, 2005

The Long Road Back Again

Hello my friends. Sorry it has been so long since I have posted, but many things have been happening at work and my job recently got a lot bigger. I have a new boss (yes, Chester is now my peer) and more responsibility. However, I did get a team of my very own and I couldn't be happier. The catch? Well, two people on the new team have not been in customer service at this company before, and therefore have no knowledge of our customer calls, or systems, our agents. Wow, you are thinking my name should be Unlucky Lindy, right? Nope! I have good folks who are eager to learn and absorb and therefore we are in Manila once again!

After a day and a half of travelling (yuck), here we are in the fancy Shangri-La in Makati City living it up! Today, my good friend, Exx, and his girlfriend, Cathy, took us to the mall - Greenhills. Now Traci, one of my newbies, had not been here before, but had heard all about my pearl shopping experience, and therefore that was the first stop. And boy, did I make a dent...in the checkbook, that is.

Traci bought many things, mostly for family and friends, including a watch for her husband and a bag for her sister...she has to learn to buy for herself too! Julia missed out - she is under the weather (some combo of sinuses and migraine) and she decided to stay in bed (smart thinking). Exx, being ever the host, offered to take her again later in the week.

This being my 3rd stay here, apparently that warranted an upgrade to an Executive Suite (ooooo, fancy). I feel SO special!

I'm not sure what the rest of our day will hold, but it should prove interesting. Stay tuned for more from the Philippines!

No comments: