Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Difficult Times Lie Ahead, Harry

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Let me preface by saying just this - this is the best Harry Potter movie to date. That said, and sicne many people in the world have NOT seen this yet, there are no spoilers ahead, unless you do NOT read the books.

The Dark Mark has re-emerged and this can mean only one thing - Death Eaters! Not only is this the most dangerous time for Harry due to the return of Voldemort's henchmen, but also because people are conspiring to bring Harry face-to-face with the Dark Lord by entering him in the Triwizard tournament - a Wizardy School triathalon pitting the 3 schools against each other (Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang) for the unlimtate prize, the Triwizard cup.

This is by far, the darkest of the movies so far, but this makes sense since it was the darkest (and longest) of the books so far. But honestly, I felt this was one of the truest adaptations. Look, there was nothing about Hermione liberating House Elves, but it was no great loss.

All the tasks were brought to life brilliantly by Mike Newell. I was on the edge of my seat, chearing Harry on, and found myself holding my breath several times during the 2 hours and 45 minutes of the flick.

This is what sequals and adaptations should be - Hollywood, take note. You must see this movie if you have enjoyed any of the previous films or any of the books. This is the reason I love movies and spend my time in the dark theatres. See this film!

A special "shout out" to Leslie for the pleasant surprise in my mailbox. This was the best pass I have received thus far. Thanks for taking such good care of me and my habits!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindy,
Steev Here with a question. What was up with super intense Dumbledore? Pretty sure he didnt flip out that much in the book...OH and did I mention the new Shultheiss arriving next July?