Friday, November 11, 2005

Land Ho!

I finally am home, have napped a bit and now am wide awake! From Manila, to Tokyo, to LA, to Atlanta - lots of sleep, a few meals and several movies later and it is great to be home!

So there is nothing exciting about this trip home except that I am glad it's over. The most exhausting part of my entire trip was my driver from the airport - Robbie. Wow, that guy can talk! I guess it was good that he kept me awake, but seriously, such a name-dropper...and I am nobody so why does he care?

At least the LA airport provided some entertainment in the form of people watching. The fashions (both clothes and hair) were a sight to see, but seeing poor Kirk Cameron being mobbed by teenage girls and old ladies was the icing on the cake. The guy was just trying to get a Latte at Starbucks. Anyway, his travelling companion was an evangelist of some kind handing out million dollar bills with Christian messages on them. Very odd and somewhat surreal.

Personally, I was much more impressed that I saw a soap star I recognized, Becky Herbst. I'm a girl, what can I say :)

I'm just happy to be home for a minute before I head to SFO for Thanksgiving!

No comments: