Sunday, December 25, 2005

Return of Kong

Movie Review: King Kong

Sorry for the lack of posts for so long - life is a bitch right now and I just have NO time! I spend it at work, running errands, or sleeping - Have I mentioned that I have been asleep by like 9 or 930pm nightly for a couple of months? I have been that beat - especially working 12-hour days! The only free time I have, I have been at my parents house helping them, or hanging with one of my friends.

I'll start by saying that it has been a slow movie year for me - mostly because my movie-going buddy moving 3000 miles away and left me to fend for myself most nights. Add in that work has gotten completely insane (I mean, this is my first post for December, after all) and I am now in the position my boss was in only two months ago - how bizarre is that?

Luckily, Leslie keeps me in passes, but I have been too sleepy to attend a lot, but I have found a couple of friends to go with me for entertainment - thank goodness. Well, I missed the Kong screening, but it was okay as I knew my brother and sister-in-law would want to see it for our traditional Christmas movie - I just thought there would be more of us in attendance...but I digress.

So Kong - what can I say? Peter Jackson has done it again! It was a little long, a few parts could have been pared down and would not have damaged the integrity of the picture, but overall it was an instant classic! The V-Rexes versus Kong scenes were absolutely incredible, but a little drawn out.

The acting was incredible - including poor Naomi Watts who had to act the entire movie in front of a Green Screen with people pretending to be the 25-foot gorilla - but you cannot even tell. She seemed to fall in love with the CGI-beast without fail and you felt every single emotion expressed on her face (uh, we had a lot of close-ups of her face since it was kinda hard to have dialog with an ape).

It was truly inspired and I know I will own this one without fail. Add it to the ever-expanding collection now - what's one more flick when you have so many? Maybe I'll have to move into a 3-bedroom place next, huh?

No comments: