Monday, November 08, 2004

So I skipped a few days...

Movie Review: The Incredibles and Movie Review: After the Sunset

Sorry, but I kind of got busy and then when I finally had time this weekend to post, my computer was uncooperative. So now that my machine in being reformatted, I'm spending work time to post some reviews.

First, The Incredibles! We saw this on Friday and much to our dismay had NO Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith trailer. That was rude! All this hype and AMC didn't get the trailer in time to put it on the movie. I wanted my money back...until I watched the Incredibles and loved it! It is a great flick in the Pixar fashion, but this is more character driven. Sort of a departure from the past fare from Pixar, but still, not sure this deserved the PG rating. There is a wonderful homage to the Speeder Bike scene from Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi that maybe aided in the rating since there is a CARTOON kid in danger. Who knows. It was fun, action packed, but a little slow getting started. I loved having Jason Lee playing the quirky bad guy - it was a lot of fun. I highly recommend it - I don't think you will be disappointed.

Next, we saw the Sneak Preview of After the Sunset. Okay, I do not care that Pierce Brosnan is 51 years old, he is still yummy! Okay, so his washboard abs are a thing of the past (probably good he hung up the shaken martinis), but he is still hot and can walk around without his shirt on whenever he wants. So as for the movie itself, I love the caper-flicks. This movie basically starts at the ending as Pierce retires after being a diamond thief for years to an island in the Bahamas with his sexy, younger girlfriend, Salma Hayek. In comes everyone's favorite airheaded bartender, Woody Harrelson to screw with his head and his life. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this movie. It was not as predictable as one might expect, which is always a treat for me. It opens this Friday, November 12th - go see it!

Otherwise, my weekend was pretty relaxing. I cleaned my apartment on Saturday and then Sunday went with Angie to the barn to take pictures of her horses before spending my night working on the computer - no fun! Hopefully, we got some good shots of the horse, so my weekend had some purpose.

So I fall asleep last night, content on getting 7 hours of rest, when my phone rang in the middle of the night, much to my dismay. Why don't the boys let me sleep? Why must guys call you in the middle of the night and mess with your sleep patterns just to mess with your head even more. But I'm strong...I have convictions...I refuse to be sucked in! That said, need to find a more permanent lobster so I have a 2nd level of defense...ARGH!

Okay, back to work...

No comments: