Tuesday, November 09, 2004

There's a Fine, Fine Line...

...so I walk into Starbucks this morning for my usual Grande Caramel Macchiato and was goofing around with my usual Barista. I turn around and see this somewhat hunky, very cute guy talking on his cell phone. I turned back around and made eyecontact with the Barista, and he was like "I saw that!" Apparently I was checking this hotty out and got busted for it - not all bad, the guy stopped me and dropped a line on me. Very cute, and I don't mind being "picked up" so early in the morning...especially after a rough night.

SO it started with my trying to get my reformatted computer back to the land of the living - installing all the programs I need and want, etc. I had some video card issues that plagued me all night long, but finally came to a resolution (not really sure how). Then Angie called. We had one of our boys are stupid phone conversations that we have every so often that usually lasts about 2 hours. I think we kept it to 90 minutes last night, but we kept getting interrupted by "The Guy," aka Chris.

So I explained that Angie was in emotional turmoil and needed my assistance. So after the second call - he left me alone...until around 245am. Did I mention how exhausted I am now. SO he is begging for a chance, at least to see me. I'm trying really hard not to cave in, but it is getting really hard. The Guy just doesn't seem to understand that we are better off apart - how do you get this through his thick skull? No clue.

Anyway, so I had an interesting 2 hour phone conversation with The Guy and needless to say, I got no sleep and am paying for it today. Boys, why do I let them get to me? I'm so soft...what can I say. I just have to stand firm going forward, before I cave in completely!

Back to work!

No comments: