Friday, August 27, 2004

Old Lady Who?

So I get home the other night and am completly spent - I'm tired, my head hurts and I'm cranky. I'm on the phone with Angie, venting about my day when my other line rings. I switch over and there is Maggie, my almost 3-year-old niece.

"Hi, Aunt D! I wanna sing a song."

She then hangs up on me - oops! She calls back and tells me I only get one song. I had to explain that I didn't hear it the first time. So then she sang a song for me in Mandarin - it was so cute but I didn't understand a word. So then she wanted to tell me a joke...
Mag:"knock, knock"
Me:"who's there?"
Mag:"old lady"
Me:"old lady who?"
Mag:"i didn't you know you to yodel"

How adorable is she?! We talked for another 10 minutes about who has what color hair and who's birthday parties she is going to - away melted the crappy day. Whew...

Otherwise, it wasn't a bad week until today. Today was complete and utter frustration over people being rude and disrespectful. A true disappointment...maybe Maggie will call me tonight and save my day!

I did eat at the Vortex today - that helped chill me out - thank goodness Angie can predict stressful Lindy times!

No comments: