Saturday, August 28, 2004

And so the story goes...

Movie Review: Hero and The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement

Ahhh, Saturday. A much better day than any other. You can sleep in, you don't have to be anywhere, or do anything...oh wait, yes I do!

So I have a couple of things going on today - first, cooking. My mom has a catering business/personal chef business and since they are going to SF next week to babysit Maggie, she has to cook for two weeks in one. FUN! So I am headed over to help.

My second project, I cannot really talk about here. It's for Maggie, and should my brother or sister-in-law happen upon this site before October 9th, there goes the surprise. Let's just say, we have a lot of work left and not much time to do it in. But it's all fun because it is for Maggie and she is worth it! ;)

So I am off at 10:30 in the morning to cook and so on...but I did sleep in. But before I go, last night I saw Hero (and Princess Diaries 2).

PD2 was cute, fun, sweet, etc. I enjoyed it almost as much as the first. Who gave Garry Marshall that silly hat and the drum? Chalk it up to one of those sequels that should have been a straight to video release - it is Netflix material - save your cash.

Hero was amazing. The best part about this movie, is that you leave realizing that there is more than 1 hero (even though the 18-ish boys behind us didn't seem to grasp that concept). It was beautifully written - it is mostly in flashbacks, but the fight scenes rival Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. My brother will love this movie since it has Zhang Ziyi in it. This movie was truly amazing and I would watch it again.

That's all for now - the kitchen beckons...

No comments: