Monday, August 07, 2006

Indian Summer

Current mood: complacent


Okay - to mess with all of your heads, it is 5:23am here in Hyderabad, India. Yes, folks, their time zone is 9 1/2 hours ahead of Atlanta - bizarre, huh? I mean, what does the 30 minutes gain you, anyway?

Day 1 here was pretty good. 2, 8+ hour flights in Business Class was not too bad with free booze, and a comfy seat to sleep in. The second flight, I slept the entire flight!

We flew KLM, and they are very nice and very Dutch. As souvenirs, they give out these little Blue Delft houses - wait for it - filled with alcohol! There is Dutch Genever, 35% alcohol, in the houses, which are in fact bottles with wax seal on the chimneys. So now, I have 2 of these things!

We got into India and had to wait an hour for our bags to come out. Then we got to the hotel, checked in and crashed...hard! I think I slept like 12 hours or something crazy like that.

Today was going to the first call center - meeting all the folks, taking pictures, having focus groups and giving a presentation - all in all, it went well. I haven't been outside at day light yet, but pictures to come I promise.

I miss all my peeps in the US and I will be home soon! I need an XBox fix!

No comments: