Monday, June 19, 2006

They Call Me...Oracle Chick!

Current mood: mellow

Yes folks, it is true...I have an XBox 360 now. Commit me to the Geek-funny farm now and get it over with!

So I caved to peer pressure and the electronic pull of technology and went out last Wednesday and bought one of these blasted devices. Sure, they only cost $400, but then you need the extra controller, the rechargable battery for both controllers, a wireless adapter, the plug to recharge the batteries...and of course, GAMES! Luckily, I am only obsessed with 2 games to date.

Also, to my benefit, Mike was willing to come over and set up the whole thing for me like I'm a dumb girl (I like to play that role occasionally). Could I have set it up myself, YES! But, then I would have gotten annoyed and much less likely to play with it for a couple of days.

Mike set it all up while Dani and I chatted. Next thing you know, we have to come up with some sort of online handle for me on this blasted thing and Dani told me I could not use Brently49! Damn her!

So 25 minutes later, we finally settled on Oracle Chick. There were better ideas, but other people had them too because those names were not available. This name took care of 2 things - it announced that I was a girl to all the guys (at Dani's insistence) and it took into account my work persona "The Oracle," which everyone here at EarthLink calls me (mostly because I have been here SO long, I know everything).

After Mike and Dani left, I stayed online and played Call of Duty 2 (I have to get out my frustrations somehow) for a couple of hours. I met some cool guys and had fun getting killed A LOT. There seemed to be a fascination about me being a girl and having an XBox 360 AND playing a WWII game.

Fast forward to Thursday night - I spent a little more time on the damned thing, but still not too much. I think I was on until a little after 1 am, and met more cool guys - and they know who they are!

Now, I have to address a few things here - if I don't Dani will - I am NOT an XBOX slut or 'ho or any other trashy name you can come up with. Guys seem to take anything I say as sexual, so why not play it up, right? I have fun with it and so do they, so who cares...and maybe I can distract them a little :) It isn't like I intend to use my "sexy phone voice" (as Angie dubbed my online/on phone persona) - it just kinda happens!

So while some of my new "friends" are just come-n-goers, others are really cool guys and are quite fun to talk smack with and shoot! Look, the point is thing - I am having fun! Besides, it could be worse...I could be sucked into EverCrack, right?

Anyway, here I am at work, for another hum-drum week of reading, writing and attending meetings. Hopefully, The Oracle will help others as they seek advice and counsel. It's a mellow Monday...but, I'll be back on the XBox flirting with all the boys tonight ;)


Currently listening:
Daniel Powter
By Daniel Powter
Release date: By 11 April, 2006

No comments: