Monday, February 05, 2007

A Superior Bowl?

Current mood: curious

Monday after the Super Bowl...which means all Football is over until the fall and I find myself somewhat perplexed at last night's show. At least I still have Hockey with Baseball right around the corner.

Don't get me wrong, the football action was pretty good, I am speaking about the pitiful showing of Super Bowl Ads (at a trillon bucks a pop).

The Super Bowl is truly the one showing per year that I actually watch the commercials (my TiVo actually gets somewhat of a vacation). Unfortunately, after 3 1/2 hours of football, I was sorry I didn't skip most of them. This was a pitiful year.

Some of the ads were cleaver, but I am used to getting a hearty laugh out of them, and even a few will give me one of those great laughs where you just cannot stop laughing! Where have all the funny ads gone? And why did these companies spend SO much money for such a poor showing?

Honestly, the two BEST ads were at the very beginning, so a ton of people missed them completely. I even commented that I was concerned that CBS had blown through its best material before the game really got underway (well, the Bears had just scored a TD on a beautiful kick return).

So for those of you who didn't watch, and those of you who watched, but had not really settled in yet, I give you the cream of the crop!

Pet Shop Boys and Rock, Paper, Bud Light

My friends, if you want to see all the ads, MySpace was kind enough to post them: MySpace Super Spots - knock yourselves out! But please post a comment telling me which you liked the best - I have to find out if I am alone in this, or if everyone is on the same page!

Currently playing:
Lumines
Release date: By 15 June, 2006

No comments: