Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Has the World Gone Mad?!

Sorry for the delay in posting my friends, but it has been a rough week. I just can't seem to catch a break!

First, after posting such a chipper blog last week, I went home, fixed some dinner and ended up almost in the morgue. Grim I know, but I'm here to detail the shit that happens to me.

Somehow I ingested cashews. While some of you may be wondering why that is such a big deal, a lot of you understand (and some have been witness to it). I am allergic to most Tree Nuts, cashews being one of the worst offenders. By the time I realized there was a problem, it was really too late for me to do anything effective. 20 minutes and 2 injections later (epi-pens, for those of you in the know), I was still not improving and had to be rushed to the hospital. Fun, I know.

Next came the IVs and the loading up of the drugs. This is never fun for me and I dread it so much, you practically have to drag me (no kicking and screaming, though, as usually I cannot get any oxygen). After a couple of hours and 4 or 5 different medications, I was finally back in the land of the human. Again, luckily they let me go home (or to my parents' home, anyway).

So here I am at work, trying to will my body into a normal life once again and I am exhausted. I have battle scars and am weary, but I will bounce back once again!

My new gig is going relatively well; just trying to get my feet wet without falling in and drowning completely. My old responsibilities are in the care and protection of great people who have worked for me for quite some time...which really makes it easy to "let it go." In the hands of just about anyone else, I would have a hard time not being involved, but this has been smooth sailing so far.

But today, in my somewhat blasé state, I have been looking around to see what my friends are up to - and let me tell you, some weird things are happening on some friends' profiles. I'm not sure when I became the "Normal One," but suddenly I am feeling a bit boring. Some of you are taking some bizarre turns in your personal lives (and preferences) that are someone foreign to me. One day, you guys can explain it to me. So to my other friends, beware which of my friends you click on...enter at your own risk (and maybe not while in a work environment).

And to continue the theme, I have to say how much I miss my friends who have moved away. I am thankful for email and this crazy place to help keep me tied to those I care about (you know who you are) and am also thankful for those I still have around me. I am sticking to my resolutions and am spending more time with them all!

Tonight, I am taking a page from my past and spending the evening playing Team Trivia with Shannon (OMG, seriously). It is like it is the year 2000 again. And I cannot wait! I also have some tentative plans for hanging out with other friends, and it is the count down begins to the big 3 - 4. (sigh)


Currently reading :
Dark Tort: A Novel of Suspense (Goldy Bear Culinary Mysteries)
By Diane Mott Davidson
Release date: By April, 2006

No comments: