Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Sad Day for The Link

Current mood: depressed


Well folks, this is really quite sad for me to be posting this today. Honestly, I wish I was back blogging for a good reason.

I have been working at my company for 8 years now and in that time I have met and become friends with a lot of people. And the people I have become friends with are all over the company - it never mattered their title or position; my company has always been like that and as long as it remains so, I think I will probably stick around.

This morning, I came into work to a very sad announcement. Our CEO, who has been battling cancer recently, had passed away last night. While he wasn't a close friend, he was a positive influence on me and was always good for a laugh. He will be missed.

In other news, I have friends going through very tough times. One is about to have surgery on her back and is scared it won't help while another is going through a tough time with his family and needs all the love and support he can get.

Meanwhile, I remain in bad shape with my own back and the doctors can't seem to figure it out. However, they don't mind spending all my money to find out what it isn't. Nice, huh?

Anyway, this is a bad back day and a sad emotional day that just seems to get worse and worse as the day goes on. C'est la vie, I guess.

No comments: