Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Maggie and Willie and Molly and May

Sorry for the delay in posting about my trip out with the kiddies, but as soon as I got back it was a non-stop barrage of work crap. Also, I decided to make the weekend a long, lazy, but productive one, so I stayed off the computer except to do catering stuff.

So I arrived in SFO late on Saturday night and was completely spent. Maggie and my brother came to the airport to pick me up and as soon as Maggie saw me, she unbuckled her seatbelt and did a little dance in the backseat - she could not wait to give me a big hug! We headed for home and I could not have been happier!

So we walked in the door and a friend of ours was there. She had come over for dinner and to see me, which was cool. I sat down for a bite of home cooking and Maggie pulled up a chair right next to me. She insisted on sitting close while I ate and tell me all about her day. I gave her the presents I brought her and she loved her toy Jeepney. She went to my room and picked out my PJs for the night (blue cloud PJs, just like her) and had me read her a bedtime story.

The weekend was great. We went to a 4-year old birthday party on Sunday and I got to watch Maggie play on the gymnastics equipment. She insisted I take lots of pictures of her and walk around with her.

After the party, we had a nice lunch of homemade pancakes and bacon (Maggie insists I make her pancakes every time I come and visit). Will was very attentive and I finally got my hands on him. He loves to stand on your thighs - it is like he is trying to jump ahead 9 months and start walking! He is SO adorable and I cannot wait until he does even more tricks next month :)

Maggie and I took an afternoon nap and she learned the benefits of an iPod. I got to help pick her up from school each day and spend the evening with her.

The worst (and also best) part of the trip was when she told me she would be disappointed if I left and to please stay. This choked me up a ton! I explained to her that in order for me to come back for her birthday, I had to go home. And after much ado, she decided that was okay. (snif, snif).

Tuesday night, after dinner and Maggie put on her PJs, she and my brother took me to the airport. She insisted on walking me to the door and giving me lots of hugs and kisses before I left. With tears welling in my eyes, I started walking to the people mover and she is standing in the motor lobby waiving and saying Bye, Buh-Bye, Aunt D! I look back, fighting back tears, and see my brother whispering to her. She then says "Bye, bye...have fun storming the castle, Aunt D!". I just started giggling and then she started giggling. It was great.

After a long overnight flight where I couldn't really sleep, I came home to find that I was locked out of my house. My mother had come over to have some furniture moved and she turned the bolt on her way out, thus keeping me from being able to open the front door. After calling my mom and waking her from a dead sleep, she drove to my rescue and let me in my house. I climbed 2 flights of stairs by the hardest (one of those with my 57 pound suitcase) and flopped into bed. I called my boss and explained that my lack of sleep would hinder me from being productive and I was going to sleep instead of going to work. I woke up almost 12 hours later!

So I am back to see my Maggie and Will in 4 weeks for Maggie's big day and I am already counting the days!

No comments: