Monday, September 26, 2005

The Little Lady Vanishes

Movie Review: Flightplan

Good, not great. I have to start by stating this fact (which should be obvious to most). You spend most of this movie trying to figure out if Jodie Foster is crazy or just plain insane. Personally, I was fitting her for a rubber room most of the movie, but I will give her credit for exercising her acting chops quite convincingly.

Now, as for plausibility - Red Eye was better at the mid-air terror plot-wise, but Flightplan was more brilliantly photographed. I was not really on the edge of my seat for this one, but I was not entirely disappointed. Now, the mystery of the plot - I figured out too early. It was not a complete waste of time or money, but you could wait for the Netflix queue for this one and not lose anything.

I would have to say that I would not mind traveling on such a lush airplane on my trips to the Philippines, but at least give me better Flight Attendants. At least for a laugh, you need to check out this article for some entertainment...it makes seeing this movie worthwhile and begs the question - "What is this world coming to?" By all means, compare the impact of 9/11 and a Hollywood movie - that makes sense?!?

No comments: