Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Local Insecurity

Little did I know that buying a car would not be as easy as I thought...

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit, but I have been in New Car Hell and every spare moment has been spent driving to Bumble - aka Gwinnett! My garage has had 5 different cars in it in the past 3 weeks - crazy, eh?

I took my car to Gwinnett to have them install the "extras" that were included in my purchase price and that should have been the end of it, right? They gave me a rental car for a day and I didn't have a care in the world...Then I picked up the car!

The next day (and for a couple of days after that), the newly installed security system was going off at random times for absolutely NO reason! The car was locked up tight in my garage and then suddenly, the horn is going nuts! I had to deal with this all weekend and it was pissing off my neighbors...My doorbell rang a couple of times.

Last Tuesday, my dad swapped cars with me and was going to handle getting the alarm fixed - but alas, Honda had to order a new device...So we had to wait until Friday. So Friday, I was too busy at work, so my dad was nice enough to drive the car to Bumble to have them fix it. It took an hour or so and by Friday night, I had my car back - safe and sound in my garage! After about 5 hours, the alarm started going off...Again! Dammit!

I spent Saturday on the phone, mostly fighting with Honda trying to get them to just take out the damn alarm (honestly, I didn't want it anyway). Well, they refused. I basically told them that they had ONE CHANCE to fix it and then they were either taking out the alarm, or taking the entire car back. I think that got them listening.

Monday night after work, I headed up to Bumble to leave my car - yet again. As soon as I pulled in the service bay, my Service Guy was at my car introducing himself. He made quick work of me and called over my Sales guy and some flunky. The flunky pulled up in a brand new (sticker still on) Element - almost the identical car to mine. They removed the sticker and had me sign some paperwork and the loaner was mine while they figure out their mistake with the alarm.

So we shall see...No word yet on my car, but basically I told them to keep it until they could either figure out what was wrong, or take the damn alarm OUT!

Otherwise, not too much going on at work. My team and I are working really hard trying to get all our initiatives underway. I've been spending the rest of my extra time helping organize a baby shower for a friend at work having triplets! The shower is Friday afternoon, so lucky me gets to work only a half day Thursday to make the cake...Did I mention how awesome my new boss is?

That's it for now, kids! I'll do better and post more often - promise :)

No comments: