Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Another New Year Begins...

...and it all feels exactly the same.

It's been good so far - I have been very productive in cleaning up my office in preparation for taxes and getting as much trash out of my house as possible (no, this doesn't include any people). I have plans for the next few weeks that make me smile and an overarching feeling of happiness...not sure where that came from!

I rang in the new year with friends - good friends - and that always makes me smile. I have good people around me at work (I'm working on that for home too) and I just feel like this is my year.

Last year was not so great - the only real highlight being the birth of my nephew (look at him, isn't he a cutie!)

My best friend moved 3000 miles away (see, don't blame her for this as I did the same in 2002) and we seemed to have miscommunicated our way out of an 11+ year friendship. My grandmother has deteriorated and has little will to even get out of bed most days, and my medical problems increased when my asthma (somewhat dormant in the past) has decided to get really bad and cause me lots of pain and stress!

It was a dull year for men - a couple of prospects, but very little follow through on my part. Work was nuts, but at least I got a new boss (and a promotion) who seems to get me and not have major mood swings every 30 minutes.

See what I mean - 2005 was not-so-great. In the interest of fairness, here is Maggie and she always loves me...so no day is ever non-redeemable!

I tried to stick to my resolutions, but I don't think I did a very good job. So this year is different! I have one major resolution and while it may have many sub-parts, it is an overarching strategy that will make the most sense for me:

Stay Happy!

I think this is accomplishable. I am a mostly happy person anyway, but I vow to "pull an Angie" and not let stuff bug me. Let it roll off the back, I say!

Work is work and there is nothing I can do to change most aspects of it. I have a great job, am well-respected, and I enjoy what I do and am usually happy with my accomplishments. I promise to leave work at a reasonable hour and leave work at work!

Go to more movies! I only saw 33 movies in the theatre last year and this is an all-time low for me! I have new movie-going buddies and I intend to see what I can, when I can and not think about how tired I am!

I will go to bed at a reasonable hour (okay, yeah maybe). I'll try on this one, okay, but no promises. I just find that I am happier when I have enough sleep. Ask anyone - they will tell you that a Grumpy Lindy is not a fun Lindy! This also ties into reading more - I love to read, but have not taken the time to unwind at the end of the day and read...but I will!

More Hockey and Baseball! I love them both - I love going to games. I just haven't gone much in recent months. I plan to do this more and with people who enjoy it as much as me :) Do you notice a trend here – basically Spend More Time with Friends!

Overall - this should cover me pretty well. I know I will be traveling a lot (SFO, Pasadena, The Philippines, India), but I won't let this get me down! Life is sweet and too short...and 33 is right around the corner!

No comments: