Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Stroke of Luck

Movie Review: The Greatest Game Ever Played

Yet another Mommy Movie since I was in San Francisco - this is a nice little tradition my sister-in-law and I have. Believe it or not, it is always quite enjoyable!

This week was an interesting choice, but actually a pretty decent movie. Look, if this had not been the chosen movie for the Reel Moms, I probably would not have seen it in the theatres - let's be honest. But I certainly didn't feel like my time was wasted in any way.

So let's discuss the odd and varied carrer of Bill Paxton to start. Believe it or not, he is the director of this flick and I would have to say that he did a very nice job in creating the right mood and atmosphere. He has come a long way from the days of the Fish Heads music video - one of my personal favorites! Honestly, I think this was the most redeeming quality of this movie - the direction and cinematography - it made it worthwhile.

Now, I'm not implying that the acting of the young Shia LaBeouf wasn't good - it was - but I feel like he left something on the table...something was missing here. What he did, he did well, but he still has some work to do on his craft. I don't know what it is, but he always seems the same to me not matter what the emotion - but let's face it, he IS young.

After the movie, we had a nice lunch and headed home. Unfortunately, by the time we got home I was violently ill and ended up flying home ill (thank goodness I had an entire 3 seats to myself to stretch out and sleep). Today sucked as I was still terribly ill - I can't seem to keep anything down...BLECH. Not the way I wanted to end my trip at all!

No comments: