Monday, October 03, 2005

An Incredible Birthday

How can it be? How does time fly by so quickly anyway? It seems almost unnatural for Maggie to be 4 years old already. I remember holding her as a baby and watching her take her first steps and hearing her first words...

Now it is 2005 and Maggie and I have long and quite cohesive telephone conversations. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to ask for it! Starting with her birthday cake for her 4th birthday party (which was held yesterday). Maggie has known for some time that she wanted an Aunt D chocolate cake and that she wanted The Incredibles in a purple bubble on it..."all of them, Aunt D, even Jack Jack"

Okay, well, let me start by explaining that I am not a great artist - I just cannot draw. Pen and paper is hard enough, but try using an icing bag! So I had been stressing over how I was going to draw 5 superheros in a purple bubble (for those of you who don't know, the "purple bubble," as Maggie likes to call it, is the force field that Violet uses as her super-power). However, I had an epiphany - bakeries have been putting kids' school photos and the like on cakes for a few years now. All I had to do was find a bakery willing to do a scan for me and not have me buy the cake from them...enter Christina, my sister-in-law. She called a local place and they said it was no problem - $12. BOOK IT!

So here is the end result:


I'm happy with it and Maggie was happy with it - what more can I say? All in all it was a great birthday experience for Maggie and she will hopefully remember it always!

No comments: