Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Drop the Chalupa

Current mood: amused

Main Entry: cha•lu•pa
Pronunciation: ..chä-'lü-pä, ch&-'lü-p&..
Function: noun
Etymology: Mexican Spanish, from Spanish, boat, skiff, from French chaloupe
Date: 1895
: a fried corn tortilla sometimes shaped like a boat and usually filled with a savory mixture (as of meat, vegetables, or cheese)


So since when is this a catchphrase? I did a little research on the 'net and this is what I found:
1. drop the chalupa

Giving Birth

My ol' lady dropped the chalupa

2. drop the chalupa

to take a big-ass dump, especially after consuming food from Taco Bell


This made me laugh my ass off – seriously. All this ties to a kick ass time we had celebrating Delia's birthday this past weekend. Hanging out at the Gargoylee Mansion with beer, wine, burgers and dogs (and not to mention the red velvet cake provided by yours truly). It was a Hurricane-themed shindig and leave it to Delia to celebrate while there is a tropical depression (his name was Barry, but it would have been more appropriate if it had been named Delia). This is what you get when you are born on the first day of the Atlantic Hurricane season!

Anyway, we had great fun hanging out, swapping dirty jokes, and ultimately pulling out the game Catch Phrase. This was a first for me and while I did well on most of it – I ended up with "Drop the Chalupa" as my catchphrase. How the hell do you describe that one? We got a great laugh out of it – that's all that matters, really. A fun time was had by all.

Now I am back at work – slammed with a million things – and am doing my best to procrastinate. Obviously, this is not the best idea since I am trying to advance at work and should probably be giving a better impression of my work and work ethic. But after much thought, it occurred to me that I should be myself and not over-do it or over-think it. This is me – take me as I am!

Last night, The New Hotness won at trivia again. We were behind the entire game and came through with a come-from-behind-win! I mean seriously – were we the only ones who knew the name of the castle at Disneyland? That's insane! Oh well – it meant $40 for us, so I am not complaining!

So tonight I am headed to the Ocean's Thirteen screening. I cannot wait! Two hours of watching a whole bunch of hotties that I get to drool over – ahhhh, life is so hard!

Currently listening :
How To Save A Life
By The Fray
Release date: By 13 September, 2005

No comments: